Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Zhou Z Xing <xi...@cn.ibm.com> on 2016/04/28 08:06:58 UTC

Rename 'include/mesos/slave' to 'include/mesos/agent'

Dear developers and users,

While doing ticket MESOS-5230, we found that it is necessary to rename
folder 'include/mesos/slave' to 'include/mesos/agent'. With the change of
this folder, it may affect that:

   1. with command "make install", the header files installation location
   will be changed to '$(DESTDIR)/include/mesos/agent'.
   2. all the files that include the headers in this folder need to change
   their include claim
   3. for the protos that use 'mesos.slave' package need to change to use '
   mesos.agent' package

As a result, if this change affects your program or environment, please let
us know. We are planning this change soon, welcome your comments on this!

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Tom Xing(邢舟)
Emerging Technology Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab
----------------------
IBM China Software Development Laboratory (CSDL)
Notes ID:Zhou Z Xing/China/IBM
Phone   :86-10-82450442
e-Mail  :xingzhou@cn.ibm.com
Address :Building No.28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, No.8 Dong Bei Wang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China 100193
地址    :中国北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号 中关村软件园28号楼 100193

Re: Rename 'include/mesos/slave' to 'include/mesos/agent'

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.
As of last week, such a symlink has been added. The plan is to leave the
symlink in place until the deprecation cycle has ended. At that point, all
references to "slave" in our external APIs will be removed.

This email is just a warning that people should start migrating their
include paths over to "agent" now to avoid complications in the future. For
now, both "slave" and "agent" will work, until the deprecation cycle ends
(I.e. a few months from now).

--
~Kevin

Re: Rename 'include/mesos/slave' to 'include/mesos/agent'

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by zhiwei <zh...@gmail.com>.