Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by fuyou001 <fu...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/20 05:24:27 UTC

why read operaions request at last forward to a leard?

Recently I have readed Zookeeer internal document,discover that a client may
be follow below steps:
    1:a client submits a Read/Write request to Zookeeper Server
    2:if the Zookeeper Server is follower,forward to a leader
    3:Leader executes and propagets status update

 if a request is write operation is no problem.but why a read operation
request must be forward to a Leader?

Re: why read operaions request at last forward to a leard?

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
Read operations don't require a forward to the leader.