Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 08:48:53 UTC

Trie data structure

Hi all,

recently I've been working on implementing the Trie [1] data structure for
fast retrieval given a prefix thus, since I've now a first prototype
implementation, I was wondering if Apache Commons would be interested in
that as a possible contribution.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Tommaso

[1] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trie

Re: Trie data structure

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Tom!

Sandbox is open to all ASF committers, and you as Member should not
have issues on getting the access :) Moreover, [graph] is hungry and
greedy, I'd would be more than pleased if you could contribute that
code!!

I am taking care of requesting you access to the Sandbox, stay tuned!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Trie data structure

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Am 01.08.2012 09:51, schrieb Thomas Neidhart:
> you may want to take a look at commons-collections, which now has a Trie
> implementation (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-225).

Apache FOP also has a trie implementation, somewhat specific for
holding hyphenation patterns.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Trie data structure

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys,
I'll surely have a look at the implementation in commons-collections (it's
been committed very recently right?).
However, I also would like to do some experiments of an alternative
implementation thus the Sandbox - [graph] looks to fit well to that need.
What do you think?
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Trie data structure