Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by th...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2002/12/03 19:26:46 UTC

Xalan 1.3/1.4 behvior change when compiling a stylesheet

A quick question in case someone experienced the same problem.
If I configure a XalanTransformer with an error handler and if I compile a
stylesheet, any errors in the stylesheet are reported through the error
handler.
In Xalan 1.3, the return of the compileStylesheet operation was also
different from 0 (success) in case any errors were reported through the
error handler.
In Xalan 1.4, it seems that even if some errors are reported through the
error handler, the return of the compileStylesheet is set to 0 (success).
Is it an expected behavior change or should I investigate a little more to
make sure that I am not doing anything wrong?

Thanks.

Thomas

Re: Xalan 1.3/1.4 behvior change when compiling a stylesheet

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Thomas,

That sounds like a bug.  You are throwing an exception from your
ErrorHandler, right?

This could also be a change in how the parser is handling things.  Are you
talking about well-formedness errors in the stylesheet, or perhaps XPath
errors in stylesheet elements?

If you could open a bug report, with a minimal input document and
stylesheet that reproduce the problem, that would be great.

Dave

                      thomas.cherel@ascentials
                      oftware.com                      To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
                                                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      12/03/2002 10:26 AM              Subject: Xalan 1.3/1.4 behvior change when compiling a stylesheet