Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2013/04/03 23:57:44 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.0.0-incubating

I'm biased but I wouldn't follow ZK. It's based on what Hadoop was doing
way back when and not current best practice. I'd take what you're currently
doing (structure that's best for your project) and make sure you follow the
release criteria from the docs. See the checklist on the release page for
the main items.

Patrick

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm biased but I wouldn't follow ZK. It's based on what Hadoop was doing
> way back when and not current best practice. I'd take what you're currently
> doing (structure that's best for your project) and make sure you follow the
> release criteria from the docs. See the checklist on the release page for
> the main items.
>
> Patrick

+1, i'd prefer following more regular release structure and not the one
used by ZK.