Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Naresh Kumar Goswami <Na...@infosys.com> on 2016/10/28 06:10:17 UTC

A java listener Using qpid-amqp-1.0 stops listening to the service bus without giving any exception

Hi Team,

I have created a java topic listener application for a Azure Service bus topic. I am running this application on Azure Web app service with default tomcat configuration in . After running for a while it stops listening to the service without giving any exception in application logs or in the tomcat's catalina logs. The other applications in the tomcat is running fine.

Can you tell me what can be the possible reason for this?

I have implemented my listener application by using the following link's help:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/service-bus-java-how-to-use-jms-api-amqp/

I am using QPID-AMPQ 1.0.

Let me know if you need any other inputs.

Regards,
Naresh

Re: A java listener Using qpid-amqp-1.0 stops listening to the service bus without giving any exception

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naresh

From your link it looks like you are using the older
'qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms' AMQP 1.0 JMS client.  Development work on
this client ceased quite some time ago.   Development focus is now on
https://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/. This too is a AMQP 1.0
complete JMS client.  Try switching to this client and see if your
problem persists.  The documentation/examples should help (same link).

If for some reason you cannot switch to the supported client, you
could try following these instructions to enable logging.  This might
help you understand why your listener is stopping.  I'd also suggest
taking some thread dumps too.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201402.mbox/%3CCACsaS94QyZbYrScWNtChgk=Gn3oJDzgSL5sk5rrNVoJ9iZj7Eg@mail.gmail.com%3E

Hope this helps.