Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by "黄志洋(道五)" <da...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2023/04/03 11:33:01 UTC

Impala support Apache Paimon(incubating)

Hi everyone,
Apache Impala currently not support Apache Paimon(incubating).
Apache Paimon(incubating) is a streaming data lake platform that supports high-speed data ingestion, change data tracking and efficient real-time analytics.
Now, we've supported Apache Hudi and Apache Iceberg.
So I think we can consider supporting Apache Paimon(incubating).
This is Apache Paimon(incubating). document
https://paimon.apache.org/docs/master/concepts/overview/ <https://paimon.apache.org/docs/master/concepts/overview/ >
Thanks,
Huang Zhiyang

Re:Re: Impala support Apache Paimon(incubating)

Posted by Nicholas Jiang <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi Csaba Ringhofer,

Thanks for looking into the support of Apache Paimon(incubating). The support mentioned by Huang Zhiyang is meant that using Paimon with Parquet file format. Meanwhile, the input/output format of Paimon in HMS is org.apache.paimon.hive.mapred.PaimonInputFormat/PaimonOutputFormat. What's more, Paimon notifies HMS about modifications via HiveCatalog like createTable etc.

BTW, the support of the Apache Paimon(incubating) could refer to the Iceberg implementation because the most behavior of Apache Paimon(incubating) is similar with Iceberg. Therefore, Impala supports Apache Paimon(incubating) could be token into consideration and Apache Paimon(incubating) is for streaming warehouse and lakehouse.

Regards,
Nicholas Jiang

Posted by Csaba Ringhofer <cs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi!