Posted to user@commons.apache.org by nathan phillips <na...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/17 18:01:14 UTC

A little Jelly help please

Hello Jelly users,

I'm hoping someone would be so kind as to answer a few questions I have in
regards to Jelly.  I'm using commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3.

1)  In the example below I'm having trouble getting the formatDate tag to
work.  When my script runs the ${date} value gets set but the tag does not
get executed.

2)  Compound AND conditions give me parsing errors although OR conditions
don't cause me any problem.  For example, I can't get the commented
condition below to execute, anything with ampersands gives parsing errors.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<j:jelly trim="false" xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:fmt="jelly:fmt"
xmlns:x="jelly:xml" xmlns:html="jelly:html">

    <!-- testObject.value != null && testObject.value == 'Hello'-->
    <j:if test="${testObject.value == 'Hello'}">
        Test 1
    </j:if>

    <fmt:formatDate value="${date}" pattern="MM/dd/yyyy" />

    <j:forEach items="${hobbies}" var="i">
        ${i}
    </j:forEach>

</j:jelly>

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to use Jelly
in my project.  Thanks for the great work on this project everyone and any
help you may be able to give me.

Re: A little Jelly help please

Posted by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>.
> 2)  Compound AND conditions give me parsing errors although OR
> conditions don't cause me any problem.  For example, I can't get the
> commented condition below to execute, anything with ampersands gives
> parsing errors.

most likely you will have to use XML entity notation for the ampersands:

testObject.value != null &amp;&amp; testObject.value == 'Hello'

thats life in XML.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"nathan phillips" <na...@hotmail.com> wrote on 18/03/2003 04:01:14 AM:

> Hello Jelly users,
>
> I'm hoping someone would be so kind as to answer a few questions I have
in
> regards to Jelly.  I'm using commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3.
>
> 1)  In the example below I'm having trouble getting the formatDate tag
> work.  When my script runs the ${date} value gets set but the tag does
not
> get executed.
I thought formatDate was post 1.0-beta4?

> 2)  Compound AND conditions give me parsing errors although OR
conditions
> don't cause me any problem.  For example, I can't get the commented
> condition below to execute, anything with ampersands gives parsing
errors.

It's XML....& is a special character. Try using 'and'.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au