Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Giles Winstanley <st...@snaq.net> on 2023/06/14 08:30:01 UTC

NetBeans IDE file chooser swap-out

Hi all,

Just a quick query about using the NB IDE file chooser...

I think I've finally hit a breaking point with the IDE's built-in file
chooser. Being used to the more functional & æsthetically-pleasing file
dialog in macOS (which leads to *much* faster use in practice), I find
the one in the IDE to be restrictive and frustrating at best. For my own
code projects I have a replacement which can delegate to the system. I'm
looking for some way to achieve this within the IDE. Any ideas anyone?

Stan

Re: NetBeans IDE file chooser swap-out

Posted by Giles Winstanley <st...@snaq.net>.
Problem solved. I hadn't seen it previously, but under [ Options /
Appearance / Look and Feel ] there's a "Maximize use of native look and
feel" checkbox, for which the tooltip describes more of less exactly
what I want. Nice job NB team :)

Stan

Posted by Giles Winstanley <st...@snaq.net>.
David,