Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by dave <da...@miceda-data.com> on 2000/08/30 05:51:54 UTC

Slightly OT: A little forward thinking

Hey guys,

This may be a little premature, but I think it falls into line with our
goals for Velocity ( KISS for page authors ).

I've been playing with Slide which is very nice content management API
project on Jakarta.  What I've been thinking about is a turbine/velocity
app that would allow page authors the ability to remotely manage templates.

The Slide API has some very nice security features and version control
that could provide control over templates.  Integrated with turbine
I believe you could set up a nice development enviroment for large turbine
applications. It could even be integrated with popular web design tools
via WebDav.

Do ya think this would be useful?  If so, drop me some ideas of what you'd
like it to do and I'll start exploring more.

--
dave
daveb@miceda-data.com