Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Simeon Koptelov <sk...@fis.ru> on 2005/01/21 21:17:30 UTC

Search on heterogenous index

Hello all. I'm new to lucene and think about using it in my project.

I have prices with dynamic structure, containing wares there, about 10K prices
with total 500K wares. Each price has about 5 text fields.

I'll do searches on wares. The difficult part is that I'll do searches for all
wares, the search is not bound to a particular price structure.

My question is, how should I organize my indices? Can Lucene handle data
effectlively if I'll have one index containing different Fields in Documents?
Or should I create a separate index for each price with same Fields structure
across Documents?

Re: Search on heterogenous index

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Simeon,

Heterogenous Documents/indices are OK - check out the second hit:

  http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=heterogenous+different

Otis