Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "panqingcui@163.com" <pa...@163.com> on 2014/12/29 03:00:31 UTC

kafka consumer

HI,

I recently learning Kafka, there are several problems

1, ActiveMQ is broker push message, consumer established the messagelistener gets the message, but the message in Kafka are consumer pull from broker, Timing acquisition from broker    or can build the listener on the broker?
2, I now have more than one consumer, to consume the same topic, should put them in the same group?

3, this value should be set to zookeeper.session.timeout.ms how much? 400ms java example, but will appear  Unable to connect to zookeeper server within timeout: 400

panqingcui@163.com

Re: kafka consumer

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1. Not sure if I understand your question.. could you elaborate?
2. Yes, and then the data for that topic will be distributed at the
granularity of partitions to your consumers.
3. The default value is set to 60 seconds I believe. You can read the
config docs for its semantics here:

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#brokerconfigs

Guozhang

--