Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 23:16:38 UTC

[vote] rbac-integration branch merge to trunk

Brett suggested we do a vote for this today so I figured I would just
do that now.

[-1/0/+1] vote will be open for 72 hours

Pulling from the other mail, this branch was pulled a bit over a week
ago to test out the plexus-security integration with continuum.  Some
of the added features are

* full separation between application webapp and security (lightweight
integration).
* proper modularization for security components (authentication,
authorization, policy, system, web, etc...)
* rbac (role based access control) authorization provider.
* full user management war overlay (using healthy chunk of maven-user
to make it happen)
* toggle-able guest user authorization.
* remember me and single sign on authentication.
* forced admin account creation (through use of interceptor)
* key based authentication (remember me, single sign on, new user
validation emails, and password resets).
* http auth filters (basic and digest).
* aggressive plexus utilization.
* aggressive xwork / webwork integration.
* xwork interceptors for force admin, auto login (remember me),
secured action, and environment checks.
* secured actions for all of the /security namespace and at least one
continuum secured action (these are enforced by the
pssSecureActionInterceptor)
* all the password validation, user management stuff (again maven-user origins)
* continuum-security artifact containing the actual static and dynamic
roles, and a continuum role manager that merges permissions to the
core system, user, and guest users
* ifAuthorized, ifAnyAuthorized, elseAuthorized jsp tags.
* placeholders for ldap authentication, authorization and user details
retrieval using plexus ldap components
* ability to re-use Acegi for authentication

+1 from me

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: [vote] rbac-integration branch merge to trunk

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
+1 with a hearty w00t.

--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** cgruber@israfil.net + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*

Re: [vote] rbac-integration branch merge to trunk

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

-john

--
John Casey
---

Re: [vote] rbac-integration branch merge to trunk

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
+1 from me.

- Joakim

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
Ah!  I have to get that "always build" and "group/project/build-def
workspace" idea written up!

I'm very happy to play with rbac, though.  Thanks!

Christian.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.