Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM> on 2005/09/21 15:34:57 UTC

embeddedServer vs NetworkServer: any differences in terms of provileges

hi,

I used to spawn a networkserver that I access through JDBC.
I have to change my design to a Embedded Server.

I have now a PriviledgeActionException (on client side) when "opening
socket to" the server

do you have any clue?
--
Xavier VIGOUROUX - sun microsystems

Re: embeddedServer vs NetworkServer: any differences in terms of provileges

Posted by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM>.
Le 21 sept. 05, à 15:46, Øystein Grøvlen a écrit :

>     XV> hi,
>     XV> I used to spawn a networkserver that I access through JDBC.
>     XV> I have to change my design to a Embedded Server.
>
>     XV> I have now a  PriviledgeActionException (on client side) when
> "opening
>     XV> socket to" the server
>
>     XV> do you have any clue?
>
> Are you starting the network server by setting the
> derby.drda.startNetworkServer property in the embedded server?
>
> Are the client running on another computer than the server?  If yes,
> you need to enable connection from other computers.  This is disabled
> by default for security reasons.  You can open for connections from
> other computers by setting the property "derby.drda.host=0.0.0.0".

Hi,

that's it. :-? I forgot this point among the different properties.

thanks

Posted by Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.