Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au> on 2012/01/27 06:23:20 UTC

Reported misrepresentation and misuse of Impress

<quote>
Open Office: Impress
Free Microsoft Office w/ PowerPoint
</quote>

This on the page "landing.ibryte.com/"

A user has reported that the download contains malware:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=47264

Not sure where this should be dealt with, assuming something can be done.

Regards, Terry

Re: Reported misrepresentation and misuse of Impress

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> <quote>
> Open Office: Impress
> Free Microsoft Office w/ PowerPoint
> </quote>
>
> This on the page "landing.ibryte.com/"
>
> A user has reported that the download contains malware:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=47264
>
> Not sure where this should be dealt with, assuming something can be done.

Thanks for reporting that, Terry.  I agree that this does not look
like a proper use of the trademarked OOo logo.