Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Anderson vasconcelos <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 20:36:01 UTC

Indexing failover and replication

Hi
I'm doing now a test with replication using solr 1.4.1. I configured
two servers (server1 and server 2) as master/slave to sincronized
both. I put apache on the front side, and we index sometime in server1
and sometime  in server2.

I realized that the both index servers are now confused. In solr data
folder, was created many index folders with the timestamp of
syncronization (Exemple: index.20120124041340) with some segments
inside.

I thought that was possible to index in two master server and than
synchronized both using replication. It's really possible do this with
replication mechanism? If is possible, what I have done wrong?

I need to have more than one node for indexing to guarantee failover
feature for indexing. MultiMaster is the best way to guarantee
failover feature for indexing?

Thanks

Re: Indexing failover and replication

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You could just have each Solr index and query from its own index, and
not copy indexes.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com