Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Craig Burlock <cr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/26 05:28:13 UTC

Trying to find a nice XML Bean with generic put functionality

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of a bean / object with a "put" method that is designed to
be XMLizable using the key name and it's value object?

Something like this:

*BeanObject root = new BeanObject();
beanObject.put("name", "Joe Smith");
beanObject.put("gender", "Male");
beanObject.put("age", 22);*

...will produce this xml:

*<root>
  <name>Joe Smith</name>
  <gender>Male</gender>
  <age>22</age>
</root>*

I'm certain I've used a Java Object that does this may moons ago.

The standard Java Map kinda works, but it produces excessive nodes and the
node names aren't based on the key.

I am wanting something generic because I would like to avoid creating new
classes just so my xml is clean...

Can anyone help me find the Object I am looking for (or is this my version
of Skittle-Brew)?

Re: Trying to find a nice XML Bean with generic put functionality

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
I can't say I've needed xmlbeans for this, but I've used free marker
templates to do something similar based on map key/values.
Would that work for you?
-jacobd