Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/02/21 13:01:03 UTC

CVS infrastructure (was: Re: Graph data)

Steven Noels wrote:
> John Morrison wrote:
> >
> > I'd *like* to setup a proper file system structure in cvs for
> > the webapp - unfortunately I have no idea as to what is
> > required...
>
> Well, we could at least start to set up an infrastructure for our own project
> pages, built using a CLI-Cocoon:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/krysalis/krysalis-centipede/ ?
>
> I'd say we start off with the static stuff described in Stefano's [RT]: primarly
> project pages, stylesheets, and the graph logs...
>
> Can we start with the assumption there will be one instance of a forrest/cocoon
> webapp, presumably triggered through the CLI, that collects a number of
> documents from the different project dirs (forrest included), and pipes these
> through some stylesheets generating the static site Stefano sketched in
> xml-forrest\layout\xml.apache.org\ ?
>
> Ah, I just see David addressing our shared concern. Who will take the lead in
> this?
>
> Fingers itching to get started :-)
>
> </Steven>

I can help out a little tonight. However, i am away for a week
holiday starting tomorrow, so i cannot continue with it.

Do you people think that we need to vote on putting
Centipede in as a kickstart? We have been trying to
discuss it for about two weeks now.

--David

RE: CVS infrastructure (was: Re: Graph data)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> I wrote myself:
>
> > Ah, I just see David addressing our shared concern. Who will take
> the lead in
> > this?
> >
> > Fingers itching to get started :-)
> >
> > </Steven>
>
> I can help out a little tonight. However, i am away for a week
> holiday starting tomorrow, so i cannot continue with it.
>
> Do you people think that we need to vote on putting
> Centipede in as a kickstart? We have been trying to
> discuss it for about two weeks now.

I can help out tomorrow, which means we have a full-time around-the-clock team
working from Europe and Australia for the next 24 hours or so :-)

Next week, there will be evening-time too - so I'd be happy to continue.

Centipede seems like a wise thing to do: my 'vanity vote' is +1.

</Steven>

ps: happy holidays!