Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by shrutin <sh...@mastek.com> on 2009/10/01 07:19:11 UTC

Output as in Dictionary

Hello,

I want to create a dictionary kind of a layout. Using column-count on the
fo:region-body i can create the layout.
However in the header i need to show the first entry and the last entry on
the page (like in dictionary we mention Aa - Ba) How can i get the first and
the last entry on the page?
I will need to use fo:marker and fo:retrieve-marker for the same but i am
just not able to get it?

~Shruti

Re: AW: Output as in Dictionary

Posted by Venkat Reddy <va...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

As Georg wrote, the attached example will give you the direction you need...

Cheers,
Venkat.

AW: Output as in Dictionary

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi shrutin,

First, each entry gets a marker containing the text you might possibly print in the header (in case you don't want to print the whole word).
Second, in your header you have two retrieve-marker elements, one with retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page" and one with retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page". That should do the trick.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl