Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2005/05/24 11:47:15 UTC

Re: svn commit: r178059 - /lucene/java/trunk/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/spans/SpanNearQuery.java

On May 24, 2005, at 3:05 AM, Paul Elschot wrote:
>> +  public int hashCode() {
>> +    int result;
>> +    result = clauses.hashCode();
>> +    result = 29 * result + slop;
>>

> How about:
>  result += slop * 29;
>

>> +    result = 29 * result + (inOrder ? 1 : 0);
>>

>  result +=  (inOrder ? 1 : 0); // or some other constants larger
> than 1
>

>> +    result = 29 * result + field.hashCode();
>>

>  result ^= field.hashCode(); // bitwise exclusive or
>

>> +    return result;
>> +  }
>>  }
>>

> ?
> The idea is to preserve and use as many of the earlier bits
> as possible. Multiplying by a large number by 29 can loose 4-5
> of the original high bits.

Ok, those adjustments are fine.  I let IDEA generate the .hashCode
method in this case and left it at that - but I'll modify it with
your suggestions.

Thanks,
     Erik

Can we handle this?

Posted by Kapil Chhabra <ka...@naukri.com>.
let C = A or B

In a normal scenario, if A is true the value of B is not checked and C
is set to true. The value of B is checked only if A is false.

I guess this is not what lucene does as it has to calculate the score
for the document. Am i right?

If yes, I there any way I can do it using the normal scenario?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
kC

I want to skip scoring of Hits

Posted by Kapil Chhabra <ka...@naukri.com>.
1. My application requires documents to be sorted on one of my indexed
fields everytime.
I use the hits.setSort() method to specify the field.
In short my application will never use the scores generated by lucene
search.
Is calculating scores a overhead? Can I skip the process somehow?

Regards,
Kapil