Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ma...@stj.gov.br on 2002/01/24 19:04:07 UTC

Strange behavoir with an ASP application

I have added lines bellow, in my Vhosts.conf file

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerName alliance
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/alliance
     <Files ~ (\.asp)>
     SetHandler     perl-script
     PerlModule     Apache::ASP
     PerlHandler    Apache::ASP
     PerlSetVar     Global .
     PerlSetVar     StateDir /tmp/asp
     <Files>
</VirtualHost>

and when a call ./httpd restart I have receiving the error :

Syntax error on line 51 of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf :
"Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration"

The <Files> directive was suggested by a Apache-Asp config
information over its web-site.

Any Clue ? It seems that perl module isn't enabled. My Apache
instalation was drived by my distro (Mandrake 8.1) and I installed
the Apache_ASP package and many things correlated with perl.
My httpd (service) always start httpd-perl prior to httpd.

It is enough to get ASP running ?

I heard something like

                                      "mod_gzip_on No"
                                      entry be necessary. Where and How ?

                                      10ks.

                                      Marcos Nobre.

Re: Strange behavoir with an ASP application

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Marcos.Nobre@stj.gov.br wrote:
> Syntax error on line 51 of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf :
> "Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
> by a module not included in the server configuration"
>
> The <Files> directive was suggested by a Apache-Asp config
> information over its web-site.
>
> Any Clue ? It seems that perl module isn't enabled. My Apache
> instalation was drived by my distro (Mandrake 8.1) and I installed
> the Apache_ASP package and many things correlated with perl.
> My httpd (service) always start httpd-perl prior to httpd.
>
> It is enough to get ASP running ?

Your httpd-perl is probably driven off of different config
data than your httpd service, & you probably added the
PerlModule to the httpd server conf where mod_perl was not
loaded ( DSO ) or compiled in.

So make sure you know where your httpd-perl service gets
its config data from... this might be from a block like:

<IfDefine Perl>
 PerlModule Apache::ASP
</IfDefine>

where httpd-perl is started with -D Perl, or might be
an entirely different config file like httpd-perl.conf,
but this seems dependent on how your system is configured.
One thing you can try is to grep your *.conf files for
PerlModule to see where mod_perl conf should be working.

-- Josh

Re: Strange behavoir with an ASP application

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.