Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Varga <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/30 17:37:03 UTC

branching problem with release plugin

Hi There,

I've got a major problem when using the release plusgin's branch task, the
scm connections and developerConnections urls are wrong on the created
branch:

1. on trunk before release:branch

<connection>scm:svn:http://svn.int.gscf.com/xmt2/ETB-ROOT/trunk</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.int.gscf.com/xmt2/ETB-ROOT/trunk
</developerConnection>

2. on branch after:

<connection>scm:svn:http://svn.int.gscf.com/xmt2/ETB-ROOT/branches/1.78/*
trunk*</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:svn:
https://svn.int.gscf.com/xmt2/ETB-ROOT/branches/1.78/*trunk*
</developerConnection>

the plugin was executed as:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:branch
-DbranchName=1.78 -DdevelopmentVersion=1.79.0-SNAPSHOT
-DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=true -DautoVersionSubmodules=true

As you might see there is an exta "/trunk" added to the end of the urls,
which makes releases with release:prepare and release:perform
troublesome from the created branch.

If you have seen such a problem and happen to know any remedy please let me
know.

Kind regards,

Daniel