Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jhon Anderson Cardenas Diaz <jh...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/02 16:21:54 UTC

Unmodifiable interpreter properties

Hi fellow Zeppelin users.

I would like to know if is there a way in zeppelin to set interpreter
properties
that can not be changed by the user from the graphic interface.

An example use case in which this can be useful is if we want that zeppelin
users can not kill jobs from the spark ui; for this you must modify the
property "spark.ui.killEnabled" with value FALSE. The problem is that the
user can change this property from the interpreter screen and enable the
feature again.

I am wondering if maybe is there some attribute in the properties
registered in interpreter-setting.json that makes that property readonly
(for end user) or something like that.

Thank you in advance!.

Re: Unmodifiable interpreter properties

Posted by Nelson Costa <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have this MR https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2742 under review.

Cheers,
Nelson

Posted by Karan Sewani <Ka...@guenstiger.de>.
Well

You can take away interpreter editing rights from user altogether.

This feature would be there in zeppelin 0.8.0, for 0.7.3 you can apply following patch and build it from source.

https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2526/files

Best

Karan