Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/30 15:05:31 UTC

Re: svn commit: r438412 - in /hivemind/branches/branch-2-0-annot: framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/ framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/definition/ framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/impl/ framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/impl/serv

Achim,

On 8/30/06, ahuegen@apache.org <ah...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: ahuegen
> Date: Wed Aug 30 00:48:57 2006
> New Revision: 438412

> Log:
> ServicePointImpl keeps a reference to ServicePointDefinition

I have unfortunately not been able to follow the latest developments
in your experimental branch that closely but this one caught my
attention. If I understand this correctly then the internal runtime
ServicePointImpl object will keep a reference to the
ServicePointDefinition object describing it. Will this reference be
unset once the runtime service object has been properly initialized?
Or will this reference remain in which case the definition object and
everything it references could never be garbage collected?

Regards,

--knut

Posted by Achim Hügen <ac...@gmx.de>.
Previously all information from the definition object was just copied
to the service point. Since I needed even more data from the definition
in the service point (to simplify the constructor interfaces)
I decided to remove the redundancy. I don't expect a memory overhead.

Achim