Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Elliot Huntington <el...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/10 19:11:30 UTC

Re: [osgi-dev] Strange issue with enRoute and Aries SPI Fly.

Peter,

Thank you for your suggestions. I modified the media player provider bundle
to also be scoped static and immediate, and included it as a runtime
dependency to the UI provider bundle. The problem still exists.

User@aries.apache.org,

I'm including user@aries.apache.org now to see if anyone from that list can
help me understand how SPI Fly works. I read the documentation on the
website which does mention that If you have an OSGi 4.3 (or higher)
compliant framework that supports WeavingHooks you can use the dynamic
weaving approach. Note that, as with any OSGi Bundle that uses the OSGi 4.3
WeavingHooks, the weaver bundle (org.apache.aries.spifly.dynamic.bundle in
the SPI Fly case) needs to be active before any bundles that need to be
dynamically woven. OSGi Start Levels can provide a mechanism to control
this.

Does the dynamic weaving bundle use the OSGi API to register a weaving hook
as Peter mentioned? If so how can I access it and make my UI code depend on
that service to guarantee that the weaving hook service will be started
before my UI bundle?

Kind regards,

Elliot