Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Corey Tripp <Co...@InformativeResearch.com> on 2002/11/14 17:10:55 UTC

EXSLT and Xalan-C++

Hello,

  I decided to try out some of the EXSLT functions that are currently
supported in Xalan-C++ in some of my stylesheets ( specifically padding and
align).  Using these functions helped me out by simplify my stylesheets and
reducing execution time, both of which made me very happy.

  To show my appreciation, I would like participate in anyway that I can in
the EXSLT effort for Xalan-C++.

  For starters, the namespace coded in Xalan for the string functions is
missing the trailing 's'.

EXSLT: http://exslt.org/strings
XALAN: http://exslt.org/string

Since it advertised as an alpha implementation I wasn't sure if a bug report
was warrranted, if so I will gladly create one.

-Corey

Re: EXSLT and Xalan-C++

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the feedback!  This bug has already been fixed in the CVS
repository, so you can download the latest code and get it, if you want.

Also, thanks for the offer to help!  What did you have in mind?  Testing of
the EXSLT functionality that exists would be great and bug reports are
always appreciated.  If you're a C++ programmer, then implementation help
would be great.

Dave

                      Corey Tripp
                      <CoreyT@InformativeRe         To:      "'xalan-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      search.com>                   cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                                    Subject: EXSLT and Xalan-C++
                      11/14/2002 08:10 AM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev