Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 10:18:08 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan

Hi,

I wanted to do a 2.0-beta2 release two weeks ago at ApacheCon, but
even though I already cut the release candidate I never had time to
run the release vote. Now I'd like to get back on track by cutting
2.0-beta3.

We're getting closer to 2.0 final, but there still are blocker issues
to resolve:

  [JCR-2195] Provide possibility to import protected items using ...
  [JCR-2243] Automatic upgrade to 2.0
  [JCR-2331] Configurable DefaultPolicy replacing Initialization within ...

There are also a number of other issues tagged for 2.0. I'll start
looking through them to see which ones to keep and which ones to
postpone to 2.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we're ready to create the 2.0 branch and only apply bug fixes
> and other finishing touches there before the final release. More
> extensive changes should go into the branch only with a good enough
> reason why they should be included in 2.0 instead of 2.1.

I have now created the 2.0 release branch and updated Jackrabbit trunk
version to 2.1-SNAPSHOT. I also added a 2.1.0 version to Jira.

I will be tracking Jira and making sure that any commits on issues
resolved for the 2.0 release are merged to the release branch. Please
only use the 2.0 version in Jira for bug fixes or other changes that
for some reason can't wait for 2.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think we're ready to create the 2.0 branch and only apply bug fixes
and other finishing touches there before the final release. More
extensive changes should go into the branch only with a good enough
reason why they should be included in 2.0 instead of 2.1.

I'll create the branch and cut a beta5 release from it later today.
The currently open blockers for 2.0 are:

  [JCR-2195] Provide possibility to import protected items using ...
  [JCR-2243] Automatic upgrade to 2.0

Once these and the other non-bugfix issues targeted for 2.0 are
resolved or postponed we can drop the beta status and do the final 2.0
release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting