Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leonardo Postacchini <no...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/04 19:05:41 UTC

Maven with XDoclet - Failing to generate code

  Hello there!

  I am trying to run XDoclet 2 through Maven 2 and I am getting build
failures saying the acess to the diretory where the generated sources was
denied.

  I am running it under Windows XP professional, I checked the directory
permissions and all seems fine. All processes are running under my user that
is the system administrator.

  Does someone have gone through similar case? Any Ideas where to find the
cause of the acess denial? I am fairly new to Maven and I have no clue about
how it works.

  I have being digging the documentation for the past few days, but could
not find the answer by myself.

  Thanks for your time and the attention,

  Notivago.

Re: Maven with XDoclet - Failing to generate code

Posted by Leonardo Postacchini <no...@gmail.com>.
 There is none yet,

  I configured the project and tryied to build it with no code yet, the only
java files are ones without any xdoclet tags. I was trying to see if I got
the maven-xdoclet stuff right. At first maven complained that it was not
finding the XDoclet stuff in the repository, I found no way for it to be
downloaded from the external repository(as per the tutorial) then I manualy
installed it localy with the install:file goal(as in the tutorial too), but
then the build started to give me that acess denied for the dir where the
generated should go.

  I even tried to change the destination generated dir, but it gave me the
same message. Note that the dest dir would not exist previously and it was
the build itself that created it as a target dir's subdir.

This is my build section, with the XDoclet configured(almost like the one in
the tutorials, only that it is configured with the spring component):

     <build>
         <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven2-xdoclet2-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>xdoclet</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>xdoclet</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <!--since maven plusgin does not specify dependencies on
concrete xdoclet-2 plugins, you must specify them  explicitely. as well as
dependencies which may be needed by plugin itself-->
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>xdoclet-plugins</groupId>
                        <artifactId>xdoclet-plugin-spring</artifactId>
                        <version>1.0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
                <goals>
                    <goal>xdoclet</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <configs>
                    <!--each config defines single xdoclet2 run for some
plugins. more than one run can be specified with different parameters-->
                        <config>
                            <components>
                            <!--
                            components are xdoclet2 plugins to be run
                            and sometimes configuration objects
                            -->
                                <component>
                                <!-- classname of the component -->
                                    <classname>
org.xdoclet.plugin.spring.SpringConfigXMLPlugin</classname>
                                </component>
                            </components>
                            <includes>**/*.java</includes>
                            <!--common parameters for all used plugins.
individual plugins  can override them.-->
                            <params>
                                <destdir>${project.build.directory
}/generated-resources/xdoclet/</destdir>
                            </params>
                        </config>
                    </configs>
                </configuration>