Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/07/23 16:04:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] PR Based Contributor Workflow

All,

I put together a first pass PR on an improved contributor workflow that can
leverage github PRs.  This is in addition to our existing patch approach.

You can find the PR here, with the changes:
https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/pull/61/files

Using PRs gives us a bit of an advantage:

- We don't lose the original author in the commit
- We can run automated tests prior to the commit being merged in

Please take a look, I'm happy to adjust as needed.  I also took the liberty
to replace some of the to-be-retired links (e.g. people.a.o is retiring
soon, mail archives are being moved to pony, ICLA is now PDF based)

John

Re: [DISCUSS] PR Based Contributor Workflow

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
All,

I've taken the input from Mark and applied it to the changes.

Please review at your convenience.  Assuming we're still settled on the
change, I can push this week. (e.g. since most people already voted +1 I'd
like to get a nod from Mark that he's good with the changes).

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Mark,

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.