Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/10 14:45:28 UTC

[Axis2] "optional" value for the enableMTOM and enableSwA configurations

Hi all,
In addition to the "true" and "false" values I introduced an
"optional" value to the enableMTOM and enableSwA configurations. When
enableMTOM configuration is set to "optional" and if the  request
message is a MTOMized one, then Axis2 will respond using an MTOM
message . When enableSwA configuration is set to "optional" and if the
request is SwA, Axis2 will respond using an SwA message.

Following paramters can be set engine wide, service wise or operation wise..
<parameter name="enableMTOM">optional</parameter>
<parameter name="enableSwA">optional</parameter>
I would like

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [Axis2] "optional" value for the enableMTOM and enableSwA configurations

Posted by R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>.

Rich Scheuerle
IBM Web Services
Apache Axis2 (scheu@apache.org)
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

"Thilina Gunarathne" <cs...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/10/2007 07:48:26 AM:

> This was a fix for the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2874..
>
> On 7/10/07, Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ooops... Hit the send accidentally...
> >
> > Hi all,
> > In addition to the "true" and "false" values I introduced an
> > "optional" value to the enableMTOM and enableSwA configurations. When
> > enableMTOM configuration is set to "optional" and if the  request
> > message is a MTOMized one, then Axis2 will respond using an MTOM
> > message . When enableSwA configuration is set to "optional" and if the
> > request is SwA, Axis2 will respond using an SwA message.

I prefer "dynamic" instead of "optional".  +1 to the proposal.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fwd: [Axis2] "optional" value for the enableMTOM and enableSwA configurations

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,
This was discussed in the JIRA and already implemented :)...

> IMHO, it would be nicer if enable="true" did the behavior you describe
> as "optional", and then we had a "require" value for always doing
> MTOM/SwA (i.e. fault if a non-MTOM message received).  The word "enable"
> means "make possible", not "always do", so true/false/require makes more
> sense to me.  But +1 regardless.
+1.. I also seems to like the above options.. But that'll effect the
behaviour of enableMTOM="true" in the existing  axis2.xml's...  Wonder
whether it's acceptable at this moment... If we are not going to do
the above change in values, I would like to substitute  "optional"
with "dynamic" as suggsted by Rich..

> So how do I control MTOM optimization when sending?  If I'm in
> "optional" mode, I assume there is some kind of runtime parameter that I
> can set to say "MTOM-ize this particular message"?
yes..
options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_SWA, Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
more info in http://wso2.org/library/264
> There are also some
> heuristics that can be used here - for instance, if you're the server
> and the client has indicated it accepts the MTOM media-type, you know
> you can optimize if necessary.
AFAIK MTOM policy would take care of these kind of advanced configurations.

Thanks,
Thilina

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Thilina:

IMHO, it would be nicer if enable="true" did the behavior you describe
as "optional", and then we had a "require" value for always doing
MTOM/SwA (i.e. fault if a non-MTOM message received).  The word "enable"
means "make possible", not "always do", so true/false/require makes more
sense to me.  But +1 regardless.

So how do I control MTOM optimization when sending?  If I'm in
"optional" mode, I assume there is some kind of runtime parameter that I
can set to say "MTOM-ize this particular message"?  There are also some