Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/03/04 01:37:51 UTC

LocalCheck (was Re: #Servers)

Martin,

> Just a quick note. Saw httpunit fail on a prereq. I wrote the java
> version of LocalCheck (which checks if the downloaded prereqs are al
> present), is there a replacement for this already ? It is very usefull
> when setting up gump :)

Hmm, I don't think I ever knew of LocalCheck (until I just did a search) and
I really could have used it back when I suffered trying to manually trim my
descriptors and install packages for some local Gumps. I did gen after gen
after gen, much to my misery...

There are far more Gumpy scripts, heck -- even a GUI that needs some love --
that do lots of stuff. If one doesn't exist for what you say, one could be
written without much issue, I feel. Let me think on this one overnight, and
do a search in the morning, I fear that if I answered it now I'd miss the
full answer.

BTW: Would you be game to add this feature, if required? I agree folks need
as much help as possible with shrinking profiles down to a bear minimum.

regards,

Adam

Re: LocalCheck (was Re: #Servers)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
> BTW: Would you be game to add this feature, if required? I agree folks need
> as much help as possible with shrinking profiles down to a bear minimum.

Currently still in the "after" the move fase at my place (they start
tearing down the bathroom tomorrow) and still have to get my gump box up
and running (crashed a long time ago), so lot's of work in that area..
I'll see if I can get my gump(y) box up and running between other
chores..
Since I don't know python, it will be a challenge to create a localcheck
for gumpy... :)

Mvgr,
Martin

> regards,