Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Corin Moss <Co...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2004/11/24 09:57:31 UTC

Blocking on distinct requests

Hi All,

This is a slight OT question, and may be more suited to a Tomcat forum - but I thought I'd ask.

I have a fairly expensive (and relatively slow) pipeline that is requested frequently, and then once a certain level of caching has been achieved, it's very fast.  Once one request for the pipeline is received, I'd like to block all further requests for the same pipeline (with the same params) until the first request has generated - thus all others will be served from the cache.  I think I could do this at either the Apache, mod_proxy, Tomcat or Cocoon level.

Has anyone come up with a way to do this?  Or have any suggestions on how this might be achived if no out of the box solutions are available?

Thanks,

Corin

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz