Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Keshava Murthy <ke...@bigtec.org> on 2002/11/12 12:19:53 UTC

Re: Date comparison

Hi,

I would like to convert string obtained from vm file (format = dd/mm/yyyy
and dd/mm/yyyy  hh24:mi) to java.sql date and compare this against a field
in oracle database.

Could some one tell me how this can be done?

regards,
Keshava Murthy

Re: Date comparison

Posted by Keshava Murthy <ke...@bigtec.org>.
Hi Nataraj,
Thanks for your response.
I solved this by using the method - Date.valueOf(String str). Do you think
the method you defined will be more useful if I require to save time along
with Date.

regards,
keshav
Posted by Keshava Murthy <ke...@bigtec.org>.
Hi,
I tried to use the method you sugested, but the line
"java.sql.Date date = (java.sql.Date)
dateFormat.parse(dateString,position);"
is throwing java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Date.

Can you tell me how to get sql Date object ?

regards,

Keshava Murthy. S

RE: Date comparison