Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by sa...@oocl.com on 2013/03/04 20:25:40 UTC

Licensing of JCR in Jackrabbit

Hello,

We are evaluating Jackrabbit solution in a project that we are working on. It looks like the JCR 1.0 or JCR 2.0 jars, which contain the JCR APIs, are not part of the non-standalone distribution and so has to be downloaded separately. Question is if the JCR APIs found in the separate binary, javax.jcr.* falls under the Apache license as well.  If not, how does Jackrabbit have access to the JCR API ?

Based on the text in the Jackrabbit project page (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html)

Apache Jackrabbit releases are available under the Apache License, Version 2.0<http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>. See the NOTICE.txt file contained in each release artifact for applicable copyright attribution notices. Some Jackrabbit components contain external code with licenses that meet Apache licensing policies<http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html>. See the LICENSE.txt file contained in each release artifact for applicable licenses.

Here's another link that says that Apache Jackrabbit is licensed under Apache License 2.0  http://projects.apache.org/projects/jackrabbit.html

Thanks
Sara

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Email from OOCL is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If it is not
intended for you, please delete it immediately unread.  The internet
cannot guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interception
or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email is taken
to accept the risks in doing so.  Without limitation, OOCL and its affiliates
accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with
the use of this email.  Under no circumstances shall this email constitute
a binding agreement to carry or for provision of carriage services by OOCL,
which is subject to the availability of carrier's equipment and vessels and
the terms and conditions of OOCL's standard bill of lading which is also
available at http://www.oocl.com.

Re: Licensing of JCR in Jackrabbit

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,
The jcr license is compatible with the apache license to use. The only restriction on the jcr license is if you want to implement your own jcr implementation. If you do that you will need to read up the conditions which iirc are available on the java specification website.

From the sound of it, you only want to use jackrabbit and build on top of it which means your good to go.

Hth
Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Concurrent checkin in Jackrabbit

Posted by "De Georges, Adrien" <Ad...@experian.com>.
Hello everyone,

I have a question about how JackRabbit is managing concurrent checkin. I am quite sure that no method is synchronized in VersionManager source code.
I am experiencing a strange scenario where a branch is created during a checkin (I mean the version of the checkin is X.X.X and not just X.X). I am thinking about 2 different sessions (in XA transactions) accessing to the same node for checkin almost at the same time. The first one calls checkin on the node. The second one call checkin and the version name is calculated. And the VersionManager appends a ".O" at the end of the version name because the predecessor already have a successor.
Is it the normal behaviour? Does somebody already experience this scenario?
Thanks a lot

Regards,
Adrien

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331

AW: Licensing of JCR in Jackrabbit

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.

Jackrabbit is an implementation of this API interface.

Regards, Robert