Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Padma Penumarthy <pp...@mapr.com> on 2017/09/07 18:25:43 UTC

Re: IntelliJ code format

@weijie, link is updated now with the new jar.
Please check it out and let us know if any other issues.

Thanks,
Padma

On Aug 21, 2017, at 8:59 AM, weijie tong <to...@gmail.com>> wrote:

@padma ,what's the process?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 at 1:04 AM Padma Penumarthy <pp...@mapr.com>> wrote:

You are right. It is configured as 4. We should fix that.

Thanks,
Padma

On Aug 8, 2017, at 8:12 AM, weijie tong <to...@gmail.com>> wrote:

the download  site url :
https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-contribution-guidelines/

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:59 PM, weijie tong <to...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The IntelliJ code format downloaded from the Drill web site seems to
have
4 indent .The eclipse one is 2 indent. Wonder ti's my personal env
problem
or the provided Intellij code format error?

Re: IntelliJ code format

Posted by weijie tong <to...@gmail.com>.
@Padma , thanks for your work. It still has other conflicts between eclipse
and intellij  code formatter settings like folding of function's argument
list 态function coding. Take Foreman's constructor function as an example
,you will see different behaviors by applying different format settings.

Also another questions is that it seems the current code bases do not
strictly observe either of eclipse or intellij's format settings. If you
format the entire Foreman's codes by arbitrary formatter ,the codes will
all be rearranged. This will take some burden to the contributors, as they
can't depend on the formatter to format the entire file ,but to format the
partial codes leading to some meaningless work of reviewing code format
like omitting to remove the unused imports and so on.