Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net> on 2009/12/29 22:07:30 UTC

Re: profile precedence order; skipping tests by default if not specified

Couldn't you just deactivate the profile that disable your tests.
Something like mvn -P-notests clean install ?

Cheers

2009/12/29 David Smiley @MITRE.org <DS...@mitre.org>

> Personally, I never want to invoke tests unless through some explicit
> action.
> My ~/.m2./settings.xml contains a profile called default, set to be active
> by default, and which sets <skipTests>true</skipTests> in the properties.
> This works great; my tests aren't run.  Now I'm trying to create a profile
> in my pom named test that runs my tests.
>
> No matter what I do, my tests aren't run because my effective pom has the
> property "skipTests" set to true from my settings.xml default profile.  My
> test profile even tries to override this value with a property
> skipTests=false but it is superseded by my settings.xml profile.  I'd
> expect
> a pom profile to take precedence over my settings.xml.
>
> What do I do?
>
> I'm using maven v2.2.0.
>
> ~ David Smiley

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: profile precedence order; skipping tests by default if not specified

Posted by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org>.
I could, or I maybe the command-line might -D might override it but I was
figuring neither of these options would be necessary.  I figure the pom
would override my settings.xml -- I argue it *should* work that way.

~ David