Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 05:56:20 UTC

Multiple Solr Instances - Multiple Jetty Instances

This may be a silly question but is there any capacity gain if I run
multiple jetty instances each having their own SOLR_HOME where each jetty
instance/solr will replicate their index from a separate cluster of masters?
I have a couple powerful multi-core servers and am not sure if/how a single
JVM takes advantage of multi-cores and feel that I could increase my
resource usage and hence search capacity by running multiple jetty instances
per server as opposed to adding more machines.

Physical redundancy aside, is this acceptable practice?

Thanks!
Amit

Re: Multiple Solr Instances - Multiple Jetty Instances

Posted by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>.
David thanks for your response. With that having been said, is there a
general ratio of the number of Tomcat/Jetty HTTP threads to allocate
relative to the number of CPU cores you have on your machine?

Is the default in Tomcat/Jetty acceptable?

Thanks again
Amit

Posted by "Smiley, David W." <ds...@mitre.org>.

Author: http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/