Posted to announce@apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/04/18 16:36:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE][RELEASE] ApacheDS 1.5.2 Released

We're are pleased to announce the next feature introduction release of
ApacheDS.  The 1.5.x branch is intended for new feature additions which may
potentially destabilize the server.  However this is by far still one of the
most stable releases we've had.  There are several bug fixes and new
features that have been incorporated into the 1.5.2 release:

Notable Features
----------------------------

  o New schema aware ServerEntry API
  o New improved installers for more platforms
  o Zero configuration StartTLS and LDAPS
  o DIT backed server certificate management
  o ChangeLog service, snapshotting and state rollback
  o Faster integration tests
  o Support password hashing for Administrator
  o Restart no longer needed for Administrator password changes
  o Support for different Kerberos encryption types with GSSAPI

Closed JIRA Issues
------------------------------

        Bug  DIRSERVER-1149  Removing a non existing value of an attribute
removes one of this attribute's values
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1083  Search on an custom attribute added to the
dynamic schema fails when no result is found
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1064  Admin password cannot be hashed
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1062  MaxValueCount protectedItem is not working
properly for access control
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1055  Reading cn=schema doesn't return all requested
attributes
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1047  Concurrency issuses in the nexus partition lead
to race conditions with unbind requests on shutdown.
        Bug  DIRSERVER-1026  Metaschema ObjectClass description is incorrect

        Bug  DIRSERVER-990   2 objects of the Apache DS Schema share the
same OID
        Bug  DIRSERVER-957   OOM when adding a lot of entries
        Bug  DIRSERVER-915   Hot Partitions Throw Exceptions for Normal JNDI
Operations
        Bug  DIRSERVER-871   NPE when running ADS in eclipse from time to
time
        Bug  DIRSERVER-782   Restart required after changing password
        Bug  DIRSERVER-646   Replacing an unknown attribute with no values
(deletion) causes an error
New Feature  DIRSERVER-1066  Add change log interceptor as optional
interceptor
New Feature  DIRSERVER-869   Add Start TLS support
       Test  DIRSERVER-1123  Test cases for JdbmNoDupsCursor
       Task  DIRSERVER-1054  Project sar-plugin should be sandboxed
       Task  DIRSERVER-1052  Clean ^M into many files

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE][RELEASE] ApacheDS 1.5.2 Released

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Oh thanks Stefan I forgot about this.

Regards,
Alex