Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by da...@imagina-ti.com on 2003/08/04 10:31:29 UTC

Install problem: unknown service PoolService requested

Hello all,

I have installed jetspeed in a Debian GNU/Linux machine and a Tomcat
4.1.24-2.

After deploying the war file and restart Tomcat I get the following error:
unknown service PoolService requested.
I have tried the already compiled war file b3 and b4 and I have downloaded
the b4 source code and made a new war file, but I get always the same
error. I have reinstalled the tomcat application deleting all the jars and
directories but I get the same error.

What can I do about that? I have read the mailing list with no success,
the only mail I had found about that didn't have any response.

TIA.

I have added the log message:

2003-08-04 10:21:08 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: ServiceBroker: unknown service
PoolService requested
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilterChain.java:98)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:176)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:172)
----- Root Cause -----
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolService requested
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:354)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:296)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:226)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:643)

Re: Install problem: unknown service PoolService requested

Posted by Josep Llauradó Selvas <jl...@imagina-ti.com>.
I have found more information about that problem:
Running under Tomcat 3.3.1a-1 the jetspeed-1.4-b4 war file runs ok. It
seems to be a problem with jar files shipped with the debian version of
tomcat4. The list of them are:

saruman:/usr/local/stow# ls /usr/share/tomcat4/server/lib/
catalina-ant.jar                mx4j.jar
servlets-webdav.jar
catalina.jar                       servlets-cgi.renametojar
tomcat-coyote.jar
commons-beanutils.jar  servlets-common.jar         tomcat-http11.jar
commons-digester.jar    servlets-default.jar            tomcat-jk2.jar
commons-logging.jar    servlets-invoker.jar           tomcat-jk.jar
commons-modeler.jar    servlets-manager.jar         tomcat-util.jar
jakarta-regexp.jar     servlets-ssi.renametojar         tomcat-warp.jar

I haven't found any relation with any of those files and the error, but
I'm a Jetspeed beginner, anybody can help me?

TIA.
Kind regards.

> Hello all,
>
> I have installed jetspeed in a Debian GNU/Linux machine and a Tomcat
> 4.1.24-2.
>
> After deploying the war file and restart Tomcat I get the following error:
> unknown service PoolService requested.
> I have tried the already compiled war file b3 and b4 and I have downloaded
> the b4 source code and made a new war file, but I get always the same
> error. I have reinstalled the tomcat application deleting all the jars and
> directories but I get the same error.
>
> What can I do about that? I have read the mailing list with no success,
> the only mail I had found about that didn't have any response.
>
> TIA.
>
> I have added the log message:
>
> 2003-08-04 10:21:08 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
> servlet jsp threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: ServiceBroker: unknown service
> PoolService requested
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilterChain.java:98)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:176)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:172)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
> service PoolService requested
>         at
> org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:354)
>         at
> org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:296)
>         at
> org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:226)
>         at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:643)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

Imagina Solucions TI
Enginyer TI

Re: Install problem: unknown service PoolService requested

Posted by Josep Llauradó Selvas <jl...@imagina-ti.com>.