Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl> on 2014/01/27 11:46:16 UTC

How best to handle multiple triple stores

Hi Folks,

As far as I know Clerezza is capable of handling multiple triplestore
using different TcProviders. But can I also use 2 instances (with
different configuration) of the same TcProvider?

What do I want to achieve:
Currently I have a single TDB triplestore containing multiple graphs.
One of these graphs contains 50+ M triples (lets call this one BAG) most
other graphs contain approx. 30 triples (lets call these EVA).

This BAG graph is used read-only but content is refreshed once a month.
If I could separate this graph in a separate triple store refreshing the
content could be taken offline. In this case the new content could be
read into a separate TDB instance (offline) and then swapped with the
one running in production.

Unfortunately since both BAG and EVA are now in the same triples store I
can not easily swap in a new BAG instance.

Anyone a clue if and how I can achieve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Minto

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator

Mobiel: +31 (0) 626 014541

Re: How best to handle multiple triple stores

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Minto

I know that in Stanbol ther are several services of which one can create
multiple instance with different configuration.

In the configuration manager you see that some of the configurations have a
+ icon to add an additional one. See at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/enhancer/chain/weighted/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/chain/weighted/impl/WeightedChain.javafor
the source of such a service allowing multiple configurations.

Cheers,
Reto