Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Joe Rizzo <jr...@perpetual.com> on 2005/02/16 19:55:35 UTC

RE: Syntax Error? SMTP over Telnet

Maybe try -
mail from: <ki...@hrmdirect.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin W. Kingsbury [mailto:ckingsbury@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:57 AM
To: server-user@james.apache.org
Subject: Syntax Error? SMTP over Telnet

Hi All,

Having weird problems with my James 2.2x server running on Linux. Cannot
send mail when connected to the internet via my home network (Comcast
broadband) but no problems on other networks. I can receive just fine
also, so I tried talking to the SMTP server over Telnet to see if I
could make any sense. Here's a transcript of the session:

220 localhost.localdomain SMTP Server (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) ready
Thu, 17 Fe
b 2005 02:44:51 -0600 (CST)
HELO blingbling
250 localhost.localdomain Hello blingbling
(h000c4141f955.ne.client2.attbi.com [
24.218.108.43])
mail from: kingsbury@hrmdirect.com
501 Syntax error in MAIL command

I've tried a dozen variations of the mail command but always get this
same error. I am obviously missing something here. What is it?

TIA,
-cwk.

Re: Syntax Error? SMTP over Telnet

Posted by "Colin W. Kingsbury" <ck...@gmail.com>.