Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Neal Dewing <ne...@cibecs.com> on 2005/05/25 16:20:10 UTC

Derby synchronization

Hi All,

I require the synchronization of two embedded derby databases.

The environment is as follows:

1. CLIENT APPLICATION:

Swing based application
The database is accessed through Data access objects (such as SQL2Java's
generated DAO's)

2. REMOTE APPLICATION:

Web based application
The database is accessed through a servlet responsible for executing the
DAO's.

I have found a commercial option (Daffodil Replicator), but it does not
currently offer a mechanism for synchronizing through a servlet (although
this might be a reasonable specific requirement).

1. Does anyone know of a mechanism to do this?
2. Would this provide for foreign key integrity?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Neal

Re: Derby synchronization

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
Hi, Neal, thanks.  It sounds like you are looking for Derby to provide
some kind of synchronization mechanism between two Derby database
instances.  If so, Derby does not currently provide such a feature,
tunneled or otherwise.

If this is not what you meant, please let me know.

David

RE: Derby synchronization

Re: Derby synchronization

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.