Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi> on 2008/11/27 17:07:45 UTC

How to run Buildr directly from its build directory without having to install it in the system?

Hello, all,

How can I run buildr from the build done under the checkout
directory?

I'm making some changes to Buildr source code and to  see them
in action, I'm running "rake install" and then running buildr
normally. But this is really slow and replaces buildr installed
on my machine with the development version :)

There must be a better way, please help a ruby noob!

Cheers,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: How to run Buildr directly from its build directory without having to install it in the system?

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>wrote:

> How can I run buildr from the build done under the checkout
> directory?

There's a _buildr script for this on the top-level directory of your
checkout.

Re: How to run Buildr directly from its build directory without having to install it in the system?

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
Great,

Thanks for all the prompt replies to my both questions!

Best wishes,
Timo

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Yep, I used Alexis' approach before and I moved to using _buildr since it
works better.

alex

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.
here is the bash script I use to do that:

/usr/bin/ruby -I/home/alexis/w/buildr.git/lib \
      -I/home/alexis/w/buildr.git/addon \
      /home/alexis/w/buildr.git/bin/buildr $@

Alexis