Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vijayant Kumar <vi...@websitetoolbox.com> on 2010/02/02 14:49:40 UTC

can I import some data in index without delta import?

Hi,

I had index some large amount of data using Dataimporthandler by full-import.

My indexing is taking around 5 hours. we have huge amount of data on table
I can not add last_modified coulmn in our tables.

I want to know how will I manage those content that has been added/delete
in by database table in the mean time of indexing.
delta-import is one method but we are not fessiable with adding new
columns in the table for that.
Is there any other alternate method for this.

--

Thank you,
Vijayant Kumar

Re: can I import some data in index without delta import?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Vijayant Kumar
<vi...@websitetoolbox.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had index some large amount of data using Dataimporthandler by
> full-import.
>
> My indexing is taking around 5 hours. we have huge amount of data on table
> I can not add last_modified coulmn in our tables.
>
> I want to know how will I manage those content that has been added/delete
> in by database table in the mean time of indexing.
> delta-import is one method but we are not fessiable with adding new
> columns in the table for that.
> Is there any other alternate method for this.

If you can write a query to get only the new records, then DataImportHandler
can index it, otherwise not. Perhaps you can write to Solr when you update
your database and commit periodically?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.