Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by vontelo <vo...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/29 00:38:52 UTC

Zookeeper client cannot authenticate using the 'Client' section of the supplied JAAS configuration

While trying to launch ZkCli, I am seeing the following error:

2015-01-28 17:31:26,912 [myid:] - WARN
[main-SendThread(localhost:2181):ClientCnxn$SendThread@949] - SASL
configuration failed: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Zookeeper
client cannot authenticate using the 'Client' section of the supplied JAAS
configuration: '/etc/zookeeper/conf/zookeeper_client_jaas.conf' because of a
RuntimeException: java.lang.SecurityException: Configuration Error:
        Line 5: expected [controlFlag] Will continue connection to Zookeeper
server without SASL authentication, if Zookeeper server allows it.

The contents of my zookeeper_client_jaas.conf, are as follows:
Client {
com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
useKeyTab=false
useTicketCache=true;
principal="zookeeper/_HOST@REALM";
};

(Where _HOST and REALM are the real values of my host and kerberos realm.)

I have another server where the zookeeper server is running without a hitch,
and it has the same configuration.

If I need to add a controlFlag, where should it be added, and what should
its value be?