Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/25 13:26:00 UTC

Re: svn commit: r927344 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc: upgrade.c wc_db.c

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 07:03,  <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
> * subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c
>  (insert_base_node, svn_wc__db_op_set_last_mod_time): Pass integers to
>    svn_sqlite__bindf as 64-bit values, as required by the latter.  (The
>    first one here is typedef'd to 'long int' which may not be the same on
>    all architectures.  The second one here is typedef'd to the right type
>    in my version of APR but it's obscure to rely on that.)

It is NOT obscure. An apr_time_t is *defined* as a 64-bit integer, as
microseconds since epoch. The entire apr_time interface revolves
around that specific definition. Thus, your cast because wholly
redundant and (for me) causes the exact opposite problem. "What? I
thought this was a time? What's the cast in there for? ... Oh. Damn
useless cast."

Please revert the time cast.

Cheers,
-g

Re: svn commit: r927344 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc: upgrade.c wc_db.c

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@wandisco.com>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 07:03,  <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
> > * subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c
> >  (insert_base_node, svn_wc__db_op_set_last_mod_time): Pass integers to
> >    svn_sqlite__bindf as 64-bit values, as required by the latter.  (The
> >    first one here is typedef'd to 'long int' which may not be the same on
> >    all architectures.  The second one here is typedef'd to the right type
> >    in my version of APR but it's obscure to rely on that.)
>
> It is NOT obscure. An apr_time_t is *defined* as a 64-bit integer, as
> microseconds since epoch. The entire apr_time interface revolves
> around that specific definition. Thus, your cast because wholly
> redundant and (for me) causes the exact opposite problem. "What? I
> thought this was a time? What's the cast in there for? ... Oh. Damn
> useless cast."
>
> Please revert the time cast.

Can do, will do.

- Julian