Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/06 15:32:18 UTC

ical ics embedded

Hi,

The iCal ics emails sent by OM to any email client I use (eg. MS Outlook) work fine but the ics file appears as an attachment and I need to open it before being able to accept or not a calendar event.
When I generate calendar events from email clients (such as MS Outlook) and send them to myself, the email messages are different, as if the ics data were "embedded" in the email body. So as soon as I open the email (not the attachment) Outlook allows me to immediately accept, deny, etc.
I'm not sure how to modify OM in order to enable this. I'm not even sure if it's just an email mime formatting issue or if it's an ICS formatting issue (method:PUBLISH or something...).

Maybe someone on this list already solved this issue (ie. embed ics into email body so user doesn't require to open attachment in most modern email clients)?

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: ical ics embedded

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com>.
I'm not familiar with iCal but Outlook 2003 seems to fail to display inline whenever OM generate more than one pair of  DAYLIGHT and STANDARD blocks within VTIMEZONE.

--- On Thu, 2/7/13, Vieri <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Actually, something's wrong within the VTIMEZONE block that OM generates.
I tried with a different VTIMEZONE definition and it worked fine with DTSTART;TZID=.. and Outlook 2003.
Will try to pinpoint the code that actually breaks OL2003 compatibility.

From: Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
To: "user" <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>

Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:34 AM

I believe it should work as you describe it with latest Outlook.If I'm not mistaken I test it with OL2007, Thunderbird and Gmail

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

--