Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/07 06:10:07 UTC

Should we emphasize the usage of our Bill of Material pom?

See for example any of the guides at Arquillian <
http://arquillian.org/guides/>. Using a BOM pom is handy as a way to keep
dependency groups in sync. It also allows for smaller pom.xml files. I'm
not sure what an equivalent script would be using Ivy, but that sort of
documentation and support might be rather useful as well.

I'll make the changes in a branch to show what I mean.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Should we emphasize the usage of our Bill of Material pom?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Also, the BOM is handy when you want to use Flume. Our projects at work use various logger frameworks right now, so being able to pull in all the bindings consistently is a nice feature.

Also, if you use independent package or bundle versions in an OSGi environment, I could see a BOM being a handy concept.

Matt Sicker

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Haha that's awesome! Small world. I already added documentation about the BOM to the maven page.

Posted by Ralph Goers <rg...@apache.org>.