Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Taveras <d3...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 19:41:17 UTC

[users@httpd] How to read a GET VAR into mod_headers

Hello,

A portion of our users are coming in our sites with a query string get var.
I want to read that VAR and convert it to a cookie for permanent use in the
future.

How do I read a get var and pass it to mod_headers ?

Btw, for those of you who wonder why we are not doing this with mod_rewrite
it is because we use apache1 and mod_rewrite doesnt permit creating a
cookie.

Thank you.

-- David

Re: [users@httpd] How to read a GET VAR into mod_headers

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 12:41 -0500, David Taveras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A portion of our users are coming in our sites with a query string get
> var. I want to read that VAR and convert it to a cookie for permanent
> use in the future.
>
> How do I read a get var and pass it to mod_headers ?
>
> Btw, for those of you who wonder why we are not doing this with
> mod_rewrite it is because we use apache1 and mod_rewrite doesnt permit
> creating a cookie.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -- David

In 1.3, you can't do this without a custom module. Potentially you could
do this with mod_perl..

Tom