Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by criggster <cu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/26 19:58:21 UTC

Re: Securing the web console impossible?

Try either using the OBF format in your realm.properties in bold below
  or
use BASIC authentication (instead of DIGEST)

criggster "DIGEST and MD5/Crypt do not play well together."

Posted by magellings <ma...@qg.com>.
I was successfully able to get everything working with login configured with
BASIC authentication and following all the steps in this thread by original
poster.

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>adminRealm</realm-name>
  </login-config>

Trying with DIGEST led me to the "all modules ignored" error, which also is
logged with a user who isn't authentic still attempts logging in.